Sunday 21 January 2018, 12pm, OTO Project Space
Please note this event is now cancelled.
- Learn the necessary techniques to turn ‘hackable’ electronic sound toys into useful sonic devices and experimental electronic music instruments.
- Practical, hands-on workshop, including all tips to the most common and effective circuit bending modifications.
- Theoretical introduction to handmade electronic instruments, including historical context and presentation of contemporary artists utilizing DIY electronics.
- Participants are welcome to bring their own electronic toys for bending, otherwise hackable toys will be provided from a large selection. Please contact us with any questions regarding “hackability” of your own devices. All instruments will be taken by the participants after the workshop’s completion.
- Workshop participants will have the chance to perform with their own hacked instruments as members of an improvised Circuit Bending Orchestra during a public performance after the workshop completion.