Saturday 14 December 2019, 7.30pm
Two violas, five bass clarinets, two flutes, a contra bass clarinet and one baritone saxophone with new and contemporary pieces by Giacinto Scelsi, Horațiu Rădulescu, Cornelius Cardew, Lori Freedman, Ana-Maria Avram, Salvatore Sciarrino, Gérard Griesy, Luis Aguirre, including two new works by Thanos Chrysakis “Selva Oscura” a duo for viola and bass clarinet and an “Octet” for two violas, three bass clarinets, two alto flutes and a baritone saxophone and the new work “Parautika” for two violas and three bass clarinets by Tim Hodgkinson.
- Mountains (bass clarinet) Cornelius Cardew (Chris Cundy) 15 min.
- To the Bridge (bass clarinet, clarinet, voice) Lori Freedman (Lori Freedman) 10 min.
- Lux Animae (viola) Horațiu Rădulescu (Vincent Royer) 7 min.
- Manto (viola) Giacinto Scelsi (Vincent Royer) 9 min.
- Octet (two violas, three bass clarinets, two alto flutes and one baritone saxophone) Thanos Chrysakis (Vincent Royer, Jill Valentine, Tim Hodgkinson, Chris Cundy, Yoni Silver, Carla Rees, Katalin Szanyi, Jason Alder) 15 min.
- Nout (contra bass clarinet) Gérard Grisey (Jason Alder) 5 min.
- Eleke Oñi (alto flute + clarinet) Luis Aguirre (Shadanga Duo) 8 min.
- Selva Oscura (viola + bass clarinet) Thanos Chrysakis (Vincent Royer + Lori Freedman) 15 min.
- Hermes (flute) Salvatore Sciarrino (Carla Rees) 12 min.
- Chiaroscuro (two bass clarinets + computer sounds) Ana-Maria Avram (Tim Hodgkinson, Yoni Silver) 15 min.
- Parautika (two violas, three bass clarinets) Tim Hodgkinson (Vincent Royer, Jill Valentine, Lori Freedman, Yoni Silver, Jason Alder) 6.20 min.
Lori Freedman http://lorifreedman.com/en/accueil
Carla Rees http://www.carlarees.co.uk/
Yoni Silver https://yonisilver.wordpress.com
Chris Cundy http://www.chriscundy.com
Thanos Chrysakis http://auralterrains.com
Shadanga Duo http://www.jasonalder.com/shadangaduo